An Introduction to the Scottish Longitudinal Study (SLS) Data – self-learn videos & live online R workshop
FRIDAY 28th JANUARY 2022, 10am-1pm
Join us to learn about the SLS data at this free event via self-learn training materials and a hands-on online lab session in R.
About this event:
(i) You will be given access to self-learn training materials (videos) which will focus on the SLS and the types of research that can be done with it, including:
– Introduction to the SLS and what we can do with the SLS
– Accessing the SLS and linking health data to the SLS
– Education data, the SLS Data Dictionary and bringing in external data to your SLS project
(ii) On Friday 10th Dec a live hands-on online lab session using SLS synthetic data. The session run in R will include:
– Variable selection from a SLS project on persons not in employment, education or training (NEET)
– Recoding variables/exploratory data analysis to get a feel for working with SLS data
Further, this drop-in open session provides an opportunity for anyone interested in using the SLS to ask questions to SLS-DSU staff on the self-learn training materials or about potential research projects using the SLS.
Please note, the self-learn modules (videos) and the SLS synthetic data will be made available in advance of the live session.
December 10, 2021 at Online
January 28, 2022 at Online