The Census & Administrative Data LongitudinaL Studies Hub (CALLS Hub)
Dibben, C., Duke-Williams, O. & Cox, F. (2013) BSPS Annual Conference 2013, University of Swansea, UK, 9 - 11 September 2013 [SLS][ONS LS][NILS][CALLS]
Other information: Poster presentation.
The Census & Administrative data LongitudinaL Studies Hub (CALLS Hub) has been commissioned by the ESRC to co-ordinate, harmonise and promote the work of the three LS Research Support Units (CeLSIUS, NILS-RSU, SLS-DSU), with the aim of providing a more streamlined experience for users. The three UK census Longitudinal Studies provide a unique and powerful research resource for a range of academic disciplines. They also form a powerful source of research evidence for policy-makers, practitioners and third sector bodies.
CALLS Hub exists to help researchers find the information and resources they need in a straightforward way, and to promote the work and impact of the RSU’s to a wider audience. By bringing together the three studies, we can also highlight the potential benefits and possibilities of using more than one LS, either to allow regional comparisons or to build a national population.
The aims of CALLS Hub are:
- To enhance the research potential of the LSs by co-ordinating the development of new resources and methodologies.
- To enhance and streamline the user experience of obtaining information about the LSs and applying to use them for research.
- To increase academic impact by developing communication strategies to raise awareness of the LSs, promoting their outputs and facilitating their impact strategies.
- To increase the economic and societal impact of the LSs by working together with key external stakeholders to develop research projects meeting their evidence needs.
- To facilitate and encourage the use of multiple LSs for UK-wide research.