UPDATED: Download presentations from the SLS Census Linkage Launch Event
On Tuesday 4th November 2014, the SLS-DSU (supported by National Records of Scotland and CALLS Hub), held a launch event to announce the linkage of 2011 Census data to the Scottish Longitudinal Study.
The event was held at Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh, and around 70 people attended to hear about the new data, as well as examples of how it could be used. The welcome was given by Prof Andrew Morris, Scottish Government Chief Scientist.
UPDATE: We are pleased to now offer you the option of downloading full audio-plus-slide movies of the presentations as well as PDF copies of the slides.
- Programme (PDF 463KB)
- Welcome – Prof Andrew Morris, Chief Scientist, Scottish Government (audio only m4a 18.5MB)
- Introduction and the 2011 Census Link – Mrs Susan Carsley, Project Manager, SLS-DSU (Slides only PDF 3MB; Audio+Slides m4v 125.2MB)
Research using the 2011 link – the data in practice
- Examining the occupational scarring of young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) in 1991 – Dr Kevin Ralston, Support Officer, SLS-DSU (Slides only PDF 918KB; Audio+Slides m4v 73.1MB)
- Stability and change in ethnic groups in Scotland – Dr Zhiqiang Feng, Support Officer, SLS-DSU (Slides only PDF 1MB; Audio+Slides m4v 100.3MB)
- Demographic Change in the Scottish Jewish Community 2001 – 2011 – Prof Gillian Raab, Statistician, SLS-DSU (Slides only PDF 820KB; Audio+Slides m4v 108MB)
- Understanding the impact of fertility history on health outcomes in later life – Prof Chris Dibben, Director, SLS-DSU (Slides only PDF 1MB; Audio+Slides m4v 139.2MB)
- CALLS Hub and the UK Context – Dr Fiona Cox, Project Manager, CALLS Hub (Slides only PDF 5MB; Audio+Slides m4v 92.7MB)
- Synthetic Data Estimation for the UK Longitudinal Studies – SYLLS – Dr Beata Nowok, University of Edinburgh (Slides only PDF 862KB; Audio+Slides m4v 91MB)
- The ADRC-S & Future Developments – Prof Chris Dibben, Director, ADRC-Scotland (Slides only PDF 2MB; Audio+Slides m4v 145.2MB)